18 October 2009

Opa Oma visiting again!

*clap clap clap* so happy opa & oma is coming for a visit! They were here from 7 - 14 Oct 2009. Such a short time... At first, Vio was shy, not wanting to be carried by them. But during the last days, Vio loves to play with opa & oma, even ask to be carried by them!

 

[caption id="attachment_366" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Opa, Oma & Savio"]Opa, Oma & Savio[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_367" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Finally Vio wants to be carried by Akiu!"]Finally Vio wants to be carried by Akiu![/caption]


We've planned to bring Vio along to few places, such as the National Museum, Botanical Garden, to malls, but there's always something that caused us not to bring Vio.. So in the end, only brought Vio to HortPark on their last day here.

The places visited... more or less the same. Just got 4 "new" places visited:

1. LITTLE INDIA

Hmm.. actually my parents have been here before, but anyway I asked them to go here again, since my brother likes ethnics stuff...

It was near to Deepavali, so the "market" was quite crowded and decorated... hmm... not sure if normal days also like that? Anyway the market area was SO HOT.. so we didn't stay for long there.. and when my bro ask my mom whether she wants to try some food, as expected, she frowned.. haha.. Well yeah she's not too opened about new food, especially Indian food..

[caption id="attachment_379" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Little India"]Little India[/caption]



2. CITYHALL + NATIONAL MUSEUM OF SINGAPORE

Before going here, we had our lunch at Asian Kitchen @ Citylink.. I thought that my family will love it.. well yeah my dad & bro likes it but my mom say that it's too sweet :(  Anyway, I tried the Soft Shell Crab La Mian and it was niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Hmmm which one should I order the next time round I'm going there? Should I order this one or my fav Zha Jiang Mian? ;)

After having our lunch, we walk to the National Museum of Singapore, passing by Chijmes...

 

[caption id="attachment_369" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Chijmes"]Chijmes[/caption]

Have I told you that apparently the museum was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr from Cityhall MRT? The guide says that the museum is only 5 mins walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT, and we thought that they're bluffing. I initially thought the museum was just beside NTUC Income, but apparently it was Singapore Art Museum.. The National Museum was further down.. and under hot hot weather, the distance felt like doubled! And apparently.. it really was 5 mins walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT.. lol..

 

[caption id="attachment_370" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="In front of National Museum"]In front of National Museum[/caption]

The museum itself.... is not as nice as my expectation.. Well at least I expected something nicer and more unique, like the ones in Asian Civilisation Museum.. but the things in this museum is more to history of Singapore.. Ah well, but at least now we've been there before!

 

[caption id="attachment_371" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Inside the museum"]Inside the museum[/caption]

3. MARINA BARRAGE

When I first shouted the idea of going to a water reservoir, my parents was so unenthusiastic.. "Who wants to go see a water reservoir.." But in the end they went too, anyway it's a "new" place that all of us never seen before..

So we went to Marina Bay MRT, and walk a surprisingly far distance to the busstop! It was near actually, but the road was blocked so we need to go 1 round (like a U-shape) to get to the busstop. Lucky the bus reached just-nice so we don't need to wait for the next bus which was about 20-30 mins interval!

Reaching the Marina Barrage, it was drizzling.. When we walk inside, they were astonished.. "Wow! This is nice!" kekekekee.. they like the place! We took many photos there.. but then I realize that my camera battery is flat! sob sob sob.. so can only take a few shots..

[caption id="attachment_373" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Marina Barrage"]Marina Barrage[/caption]

And while we're just standing on the green roof admiring the view, suddenly my brother say to the person next to him: "Eh, you're Thomas Djorghi right?"  Then the person say "yeah, halo" then go for his shooting. Apparently they're there with Trans7 in collaboration with STB to promote singapore's tourism! My brother was so excited, he wanted to take photo with the artist, but he was too shy to ask him to take photo together, so he's pushing me to ask him instead! Aiyo..... I was so paiseh.. We waited for a longgggggg long time before he finally have a short break from the shooting, then I go and ask him (really paiseh!) and so.. now we have a photo with a movie star! lol..

 

[caption id="attachment_372" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="with Thomas Djorghy"]with Thomas Djorghy[/caption]

And actually, he was presenting a travel show with another gal, Lala, which was said to be a presenter of a gossip show. We don't know and never saw her before, but anyway, we also take photo together with her.. kekekekeke.. but I think no need to post here lah.. 

4. HORT PARK

This is the place we went to only on the last day of my parents here. And this time, we brought Vio along! Yay! So happy I can bring Vio out for a walk..

I planned to go from home at 8am so it's not too hot, but as you can guess, with many ppl going, there must be a delay here and there, so finally we reach Hort Park at around 9+ am, and it was HOT HOT HOT HOT.. and also.. there were so many worms! Eeeuuuuuu.... The place was not bad actually, provided we're not going there on a hot day..

[caption id="attachment_374" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Hort Park"]Hort Park[/caption]

When we decided to go home (since it's too hot), Vio fall asleep! Maybe he's too tired.. So we sat on the bench, waiting for Vio to wake up before we finally going home! =)

[caption id="attachment_375" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Alexandra Arch"]Alexandra Arch[/caption]

 

And here's somemore shots before Opa, Oma & Akiu is going back to Jakarta..

[caption id="attachment_376" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Opa & Vio"]Opa & Vio[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_377" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="I Miss U Opa & Oma!"]I Miss U Opa & Oma![/caption]

2 comments:

reffine said...

wow.. so many interesting places.. maybe next time i also wanna bring my parent to go there hehe :)

last time they're quite bored i think, when we just bring them to the usual places in singapore for tourists to go hehe.. ;p

ourlittleblessing said...

kekekee yeah my parents are also quite bored if they're going here.. dunno where else to go..

Post a Comment